Position Description: Customer Service Supervisor (CSS)
The following provides a detailed description for the position of Customer Service Supervisor. Actual duties performed may vary slightly.
General Position Description:
The Customer Service Supervisor (CSS) will lead, direct and control all facets of front desk operations with an emphasis on member service and overall gym administration. CSS reports directly to the General Manager
- Manage Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) to ensure all company policies and procedures (SOP) are followed.
- Manage and motivate CSRs to emphasize superior customer service.
- Conduct bi-monthly staff meetings. (6-8 weeks between meetings)
- Create CSR work schedule based on staffing requirements per the GM and company budgets. Schedule done a month at a time.
- Ensure that all employees are wearing proper uniform attire and nametags.
- Ensure all staff is showing up on time.
- 30-32 hours a week come from covering set shifts at the service desk. Also, responsible for covering shifts when short staff or staff calls off and a replacement cannot be found
- Ensures that Service Desk is functioning according to SOP.
- Manages and controls all front desk binders according to SOP.
- Integral in helping report equipment and facility issues through Fitness EMS
- Communicates with GM to ensure all up systems are working properly according to SOP
- Communicates with GM regarding ways to improve Front Desk operations.
- Oversees “Lost and Found” items and their storage.
- Inspect cash register drawer counts and complete after-shift reports.
- Manage and support concession and tanning sales and promotions.
- Conducts daily and month-end concession inventories.
- Inventory Control
- Count all incoming product
- Hires, trains and supervises all Service Desk associates.
- Responsible for completing HR paperwork for Service Desk associates prior to new hire orientation.
- Serves as liaison with GM on customer care issues and Member surveys
- Attends weekly Department Head Meeting
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Self-motivated and have strong organizational and management skills.
- Possess thorough understanding of company mission, regional goals and missions, and how his/her facility will participate in these areas.
- Exhibit a superior sense of customer service at all times.
- Must be knowledgeable Company policies and enforce them accordingly.
- Possess good leadership abilities.
- Must have positive attitude and be able to motivate staff in a positive manner.
- Must promote team spirit in the workplace.
- Possess strong motivational, communication, team building and training skills.
- Excellent communication, organization and customer service skills.
- Understanding of basic cash procedures.
- Thorough understanding of Shape
- Ability to handle challenging customer issues with patience, tact and professionalism.
- Must have a high level of professionalism, honesty, integrity and work ethic.
Assigned Hours: 30-35 hours per week
Today Gold’s Gym is the most recognized name in fitness serving more than 3 million members in 38 states and 28 countries around the world. Always at the forefront of the fitness revolution, Gold’s Gym has continually evolved its profile by equipping gyms with the best amenities, the latest in cardio and strength training equipment and functional training areas as well as the most dynamic group exercise programs including Zumba, yoga, group cycling, mixed martial arts, muscle endurance training, and Pilates. We also offer signature classes which include GRIT, P90X, and RIP 60.
Gold’s Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We’ll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes. Become an active participant in our growth and you’ll share in the rewards for your efforts.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)